Chef - Chinese Cuisine
DO & CO Airline Catering
Our production unit takes pride in offering top-tier luxury airline catering that is both elegant and sophisticated. Our team is dedicated to crafting a one-of-a-kind experience that is attractive to even the most discerning passengers. We focus on providing exceptional quality, first-class service, and an exquisite range of menu options that are sure to impress.
The main responsibility is to supervise the Chinese production kitchen and support the Executive Chefs in our unit. You will have a good knowledge of specific ingredients, cooking methods and act as a team leader to motivate the team. You will be responsible for overseeing, training, evaluating, and counselling the team ensuring compliance with company standards.
- Working closely with the Executive Chef team to ensure that consistent quality products in the Chinese kitchen are produced following all DO & CO requirements.
- Day to day managing and supporting of the Chinese Kitchen team.
- To maintain high quality standards in staff performance, Chinese food production and presentation service procedures.
- To Ensure all kitchen appliances are kept clean and are well maintained and report any issues to the Head Chef.
- Planning production to the daily schedule and ensuring the exceptional quality is maintained at its highest level with maximum efficiency in accordance with DO & CO regulations as set by the Quality Assurance team.
- Ensuring operations adhere to all SOP’s and ALL relevant Critical Control Points, Health and Safety, Food safety and all legal requirements.
- Constantly performing quality control checks to ensure specifications are met on raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure the correct cleaning and sanitising chemicals are used in compliance with EHO standards in the kitchen and take corrective action as required.
- You will have a passion for cooking authentic Chinese food.
- Extensive knowledge of Chinese Cuisine
- Passion for food and working with fresh and high-quality ingredients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple orders simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain consistency in food quality
- Excellent knife skills and ability to handle raw fish safely
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Right to work in the UK
We believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success and strive to create a positive and supportive work environment. As a member of our team, you will have access to a range of benefits, including:
- £30,000.00 - £34,000.00 per year
- Enjoy perks by referring your friends through our Refer a Friend Scheme
- Save money and time with On-Site Free Meals
- Expand your skills and knowledge through our in-house training opportunities.
- A business where you can have a real impact, we’re not afraid of new ideas!
- Genuine career development opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- The opportunity to work with and represent one of the most innovative players in the luxury global gourmet entertainment market
DO & CO is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status