Service and Operations Intern
DO & CO
We are passionate about hospitality culinary delights on every banquet floor and in the sky. With the three business segments of Airline Catering, International Event Catering, and Restaurants, Lounges & Hotels, DO & CO offers gourmet entertainment worldwide. We operate in 31 locations, 11 countries and 3 Continents, maintaining the highest quality standard in our products and services. We refine the classics, develop the unknown and grow constantly – sometimes beyond our expectations.
Our Operational Internship Program offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the hospitality industry. You'll get to explore different aspects, from top-notch restaurants and boutique hotel operations to world-renowned events such as the F1 Paddock Club. As a Service Intern, you'll be a valued member of our team, working in a professional but friendly environment.
The internship is structured in modules, allowing you to gain exposure to restaurant operations for 4 months and hotel operations for 2 months. During this time, you'll also have the chance to work with our international events team, supporting production and service delivery for various events. We want to showcase the breadth of opportunities available in the hospitality industry.
During your internship you will:
- Acquire proficiency in opening and closing procedures for the restaurant.
- Learn DO & CO's core standards for breakfast, lunch, and dinner services at Onyx Restaurant and 7th Floor Restaurant.
- Take charge of one's assigned area, which includes greeting guests, taking orders, addressing customer complaints, and processing payments.
- Successfully handle guest complaints and address any issues that may arise
- Perform check-in and check-out process for guests
- Complete a room inspection and carrying out our room cleaning, including making beds, vacuuming, dusting, and restocking supplies
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key event deliverables.
- Provide exceptional service throughout the front-of-house and hosting areas in alignment with F1 standards.
- Passion for hospitality and F&B Operations;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proactive attitude;
- Proven record of achieving results in hospitality or academically;
- International background, cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Being fluent in English or any other language is always welcomed - The more, the merrier
- Hard-working, responsible and “let’s do this!” mentality
- You’re legally allowed to work across the EU
What we offer:
An excellent workplace to call home, events, fun colleagues, and all other regular salaries/benefits stuff
A business where you can have a real impact, we are not afraid of innovative ideas!
The possibility of travelling the world while working
The opportunity to work with and represent one of the most innovative players in the luxury global gourmet entertainment market
DO & CO is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.